With the tex-tiles Studio Barbara Vos has designed unique porcelain tiling suitable for any space, from office to sauna, hotel to wellness centre, kitchen and bathroom. Barbara Vos has combined translucent porcelain with the softness and texture of lace and other fabrics.
The inspiration for these tiles came from many different fabrics that designer Barbara Vos has worked with over the years. Barbara wanted to capture the soft movement of fabrics in the hardness of a ceramic tile.
Subtle lighting can be added behind the tiles, which shines through. It reveals the beautiful imperfections and movement of the tex-tiles.
Most tiles are made of earthenware. ‘Tex-tiles’ are made of porcelain. Porcelain by itself is 100% waterproof. Porcelain is normally used to make delicate tea cups and other fine tableware.
Because of the waterproof quality the tile does not need any glazing which makes it very special and different from other tiles. The tiles are polished by hand which gives them an unexpected soft feeling. When wished, the tiles can be glazed.
The tex-tiles are suitable for any space, from office to sauna, hotel to wellness centre, kitchen and bathroom.
- no toxic glazing, but glazing is possible if preferred
- 15 x 15 cm standard, but size may vary
- easy to maintain and clean, durable
- suitable for any space like a sauna, wellnesscentre, hotel, office
- possibility to lighten tiles from behind with long life LED lights
- soft texture and feeling
- available in customized designs